Awning Care 101 from G&J Awning & Canvas
Awnings are more or less a worry free product but even the most durable materials can benefit from a little care and attention, enhancing appearance and extending the lifetime of the product. With a minimum amount of effort your awnings will provide comfort and style for many years to come.
Awning Care Tips:
- Wash down your awnings at least once a year.
- Use a garden hose and rinse dirt and debris from awning
- DO NOT use a pressure washer
- For tougher stains & spots use a mild soap and soft bristly brush, but rinse thoroughly and immediately until water runs clear.
- Keep shrubbery and vines away from the awnings, as many bushes contain an acid that can be harmful to your awnings
- Keep the underside of the awning free of spiders, cobwebs, and bird nests. Simply brush them away with a household broom
Sunbrella® Care and Cleaning Tips:
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella® fabrics looking good and to delay the need for deep vigorous cleaning is to hose fabrics off on a monthly basis with clear water. This practice will help prevent dirt from embedding into the fibers of the fabric and will decrease the need for vigorous cleaning.
For detailed information on Sunbrella® Care and Cleaning click here for a Cleaning instruction sheet.
For some of those stubborn stains G & J Awning also carries a Iosso® Mold & Mildew stain remover product for retail.